New alarms occur all the time. When your Canary recognizes related alarms at a station, it will automatically group them and create an ISSUE within the Canary system.
By clicking on any of the workflow steps (shown below), Canary will show you all issues in that stage.
- The text of the current stage you are viewing is black
- e.g. In the image above you can see you are viewing "New" Issues
Every issue has multiple pieces of information:
- 1. Priority - How urgent is the problem?
- Low = Grey
- “Paper Out"
- Medium = Black
- “Tank Overfill 90%”
- High = Red
- “PLLD Shutdown”
- Low = Grey
- 2. Name - Where is this issue occurring?
- 3. Alarm(s) - What alarms are going off? Again Canary groups alarms into issues. So inside the issue you may see multiple alarms.
- 4. Days in stage - How long has this issue been open (unresolved)?
- 5. Last alarm - When did the last alarm in this issue occur?
- 6. Last Activity - When was the last time someone, worked on the issue?
- 7. Updated By - Who was the last person to work on the issue?
- 8. Status - What stage of the workflow is this issue in (Awaiting Approval, Pending Resolution or Resolved)?
Canary will show you this information for each issue at every stage of the "Workflow."