Thank you for ordering a connectivity kit from Canary Compliance!
Your kit contains the following items:
- Canary (1)
9V DC Power Adapter (1)
DB9 to DB9 Male to Female “Straight Through” Cable (1)
- Recommended model #: 10D1-03210BK
- Whole Sale Cables
Installation Guide for Canary Connectivity Kit
This installation requires specific knowledge of the TLS 4 series and you may need to refer to the OEM manuals to complete the installation.
- Zip Ties
- Double Sided Tape (provided)
READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Service station equipment has many hazards: electricity, flammable and potentially explosive liquids, dangerous fumes, etc. Failure to follow the precautions below and instructions in this guide may result in serious injury and death. Follow all rules, codes and laws that apply in your area.
- Veeder Root requires training certifications for contractors who install and setup equipment related to the tank monitor. Be sure that you have familiarized yourself with these requirements and determined if you are qualified to perform this installation.
- Canary Compliance, LLC shall not be liable for errors contained herein, or for incidental or consequential damages in connection with furnishing, performance, or use of this publication.
- Canary Compliance, LLC reserves the right to change product features or the information contained in this publication.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Only a person with knowledge and experience with service station equipment should perform this work.
- Always make sure ALL power to the equipment you are working with is turned OFF before starting any maintenance.
- Note that more than one disconnect switch may be required to de-energize the equipment for maintenance and servicing. Use a voltmeter to make sure ALL circuits in the dispenser are de-energized. Failure to do so may result in serious injury.
- Observe precautions for handling electrostatic sensitive devices and avoid ESD.
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU START:
Follow instructions provided by the OEM to print out a Setup Data Report and archive the existing console data prior to module installation.
Please contact Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823 with any questions or concerns.
- Connect Canary to power. Ensure you have a green light on the Canary (may take a few minutes).
- Go to communication settings on Veeder Root tank monitor.
Select the appropriate comm slot, and configure it as follows:
- GENERAL Tab
- Configured: Enabled
- Slot: # of Comm Slot (See “Eligible Slot” Image Below)
- Port: # of Port on Comm Board (See “Eligible Slot” Image Below)
- Comm Board: RS232 Card
- Baud rate: 9600
- Data bits: 8 Data
- Parity: None
- Stop bit: 1 Stop
- Handshaking: No Handshaking
- ADVANCED Tab
- RS-232 End of Message: Enabled
- ETX Characters - Display: [0x03] (Default Value)
- ETX Characters - Computer: [0x03] (Default Value)
- Print the settings to ensure correct programming, and call Canary at 267-354-0823 to confirm connectivity.
It is important to note that only certain comm slots and ports are capable of RS232 communications.
Please note that additional instruction (from Veeder Root user manual) for Advanced Comm Settings are attached.
- Comm Slot 1: Port 1 & Port 2
- Comm Slot 2: Port 1 & Port 2
- Comm Slot 3: ONLY Port 2
- Refer to the image below to determine your Comm Slot & Port on the bottom of the ATG
- Connect the power cable and DB9 “Straight Through” cable into Canary. Recommend cable is model 10D1-03210BK. Plug other end of DB9 “Straight Through” cable into comm port on TLS-4XX monitor.
- Flip the Canary power switch to on
- Red light indicates cellular signal is active
- Green light indicates TLS connection is active
- Breathing blue light indicated connection to the cloud
- Once all lights are on, continue to the next step. If a light does not turn on, call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823
- Unpeel double-sided tape on the back of Canary and adhere it to the wall, preferably somewhere that will reduce chances of potential tampering. Ensure Canary is securely in place
- To minimize cellular interference, please keep Canary as far from electronic equipment as is practical and avoid attaching it directly to electronic equipment.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with site address (e.g. 123 Main Street, Chicago, IL) and Serial Number.
If you have any problems, please call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823!