Thank you for ordering a connectivity kit from Canary Compliance!
Your kit contains the following items:
- Canary (1)
9V DC Power Adapter (1)
DB9 to DB9 Male to Female Null Modem Cable (1)
Installation Guide for Canary Connectivity Kit
This installation requires specific knowledge of the TLS 5 series and you may need to refer to the OEM manuals to complete the installation.
- Zip Ties
- Double Sided Tape (provided)
READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Service station equipment has many hazards: electricity, flammable and potentially explosive liquids, dangerous fumes, etc. Failure to follow the precautions below and instructions in this guide may result in serious injury and death. Follow all rules, codes and laws that apply in your area.
- Franklin Fueling requires training certifications for contractors who install and setup equipment related to the tank monitor. Be sure that you have familiarized yourself with these requirements and determined if you are qualified to perform this installation.
- Canary Compliance, LLC shall not be liable for errors contained herein, or for incidental or consequential damages in connection with furnishing, performance, or use of this publication.
- Canary Compliance, LLC reserves the right to change product features or the information contained in this publication.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Only a person with knowledge and experience with service station equipment should perform this work.
- Always make sure ALL power to the equipment you are working with is turned OFF before starting any maintenance.
- Note that more than one disconnect switch may be required to de-energize the equipment for maintenance and servicing. Use a voltmeter to make sure ALL circuits in the dispenser are de-energized. Failure to do so may result in serious injury.
- Observe precautions for handling electrostatic sensitive devices and avoid ESD.
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU START:
Follow instructions provided by the OEM to print out a Setup Data Report and archive the existing console data prior to module installation.
Please contact Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823 with any questions or concerns.
- Connect Canary to power. Ensure you have a green light on the Canary (may take a few minutes).
- Go to communication settings on Franklin tank monitor and configure them as follows:
- Mode: Veeder Root
- Baud rate: 9600
- Data bits: 8 Data
- Parity: None
- Stop bits: 1
- Connect the power cable and plug DB9 null modem cable into Canary. Plug other end of DB9 null modem cable into comm port on Franklin Fueling device.
- Flip the Canary power switch to on
- Red light indicates cellular signal is active
- Green light indicates TLS connection is active
- Breathing blue light indicated connection to the cloud
- Once all lights are on, continue to the next step. If a light does not turn on, call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823
- Unpeel double-sided tape on the back of Canary and adhere it to the wall, preferably somewhere that will reduce chances of potential tampering. Ensure Canary is securely in place
- To minimize cellular interference, please keep Canary as far from electronic equipment as is practical and avoid attaching it directly to electronic equipment.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with site address (e.g. 123 Main Street, Chicago, IL) and Serial Number.
If you have any problems, please call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823.