Canary Compliance Connectivity Kit– Instructions for OPW Site Sentinel
Thank you for ordering a connectivity kit from Canary Compliance!
This kit contains the following items:
9V DC Power Adapter (1)
RJ45 to DB9 Crossover Cable (1)
Installation Guide for Canary Connectivity Kit
This installation requires specific knowledge of OPW Integra ATGs and you may need to refer to the following OEM manuals to complete the installation:
- M1801 SiteSentinel Integra Configuration Guide
- M2022 SiteSentinel Integra Operator’s Guide
- Zip Ties
- Double Sided Tape (provided)
READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Service station equipment has many hazards: electricity, flammable and potentially explosive liquids, dangerous fumes, etc. Failure to follow the precautions below and instructions in this guide may result in serious injury and death. Follow all rules, codes and laws that apply in your area.
- OPW requires training certifications for contractors who install and setup equipment related to the OPW Fuel Management Systems. Be sure that you have familiarized yourself with these requirements and determined if you are qualified to perform this installation. More information on the certifications and ways to obtain them can be found on OPW’s website.
- Canary Compliance, LLC shall not be liable for errors contained herein, or for incidental or consequential damages in connection with furnishing, performance, or use of this publication.
- Canary Compliance, LLC reserves the right to change product features or the information contained in this publication.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Only a person with knowledge and experience with service station equipment should perform this work.
- Always make sure ALL power to the equipment you are working with is turned OFF before starting any maintenance.
- Note that more than one disconnect switch may be required to de-energize the equipment for maintenance and servicing. Use a voltmeter to make sure ALL circuits in the dispenser are de-energized. Failure to do so may result in serious injury.
- Observe precautions for handling electrostatic sensitive devices and avoid ESD.
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU START:
- Follow instructions provided by the OEM to print out a Setup Data Report and archive the existing console data prior to module installation.
Please contact Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823 with any questions or concerns.
STEP 1: Administrator Login
Note: Most of the following information was transposed directly from the M1801 SiteSentinel Integra Configuration Guide, copyright OPW. The M1801 SiteSentinel Integra Configuration Guide and others are available for free on opwglobal.com. Canary does not claim ownership of any of the information below in this section, nor in any following sections of this Canary Installation Guide.
To make the required changes to the settings of an OPW Integra, you must first log out of the default user, and log in using the administrator login. To display the keyboard at any time, click the “Keyboard Button” shown in the image above.
- Click the “Logout” key on the bottom left of the main toolbar
- A popup screen will come into view asking, “Are you sure you want to log out?” Click the Yes button (if you do not wish to log out at this time, click the No button).
- Enter the Username. The default Username is “Administrator.” (this is not case-sensitive)
- Enter the Password. The default Password is “*” (this is the asterisk symbol; hold the shift key and hit 8).
- Push the Login button.
STEP 2: Navigate to Comm Settings
- Push Settings.
- Select System from the Settings menu.
- Select Communications to begin programming. The Communications screen shows all available ports in the tank-gauge system. An icon with a yellow background represents a configured port.
•Before continuing, identify an empty serial port that you intend to use to connect the Canary to using the diagram displayed on the Integra. Choice of slot does not matter. If all slots are full, please contact Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823.
- Push Next. A screen will come into view showing the Available Services and the Available Communication Devices.
STEP 3: Programming the Serial Port Settings
- Push POS Interface.
- Select a device to map the POS Interface.
- (pictured “2 b” above) Push Serial 1 or Serial 2 to map POS Interface through one of the Serial Ports.
- Push Map.
- Select Protocol - TLS350.
- Select Baud Rate - 9600
- Select Stop Bits - 1
- Select Data Bits - 8
- Select Parity - N
- Select POS Units - US
- Parameters and / or Password should be completely empty (be sure to delete any text in these fields).
- Push Apply to map.
STEP 4: Connecting the Canary
Plug RJ45 connector cable into the Serial Port you just programmed the settings for (refer to the image in Step 2 to identify the port location)
- Connect power cable and DB9 cable to Canary device and plug into outlet.
- Flip the Canary power switch to on
- Red light indicates cellular signal is active.
- Green light indicates ATG connection is active.
- Breathing blue light indicated connection to the cloud
- Once all lights are on, continue to the next step. If a light does not turn on, call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823
- Unpeel double-sided tape on back of Canary and adhere it to wall, preferably somewhere that will reduce chances of potential tampering. Ensure Canary is securely in place.
- Send email to email@example.com with site address (e.g. 123 Main Street, Chicago, IL) and Serial Number.
- Please include a photo of the print out of the comm settings in the email
- Serial Number is on Canary label. Please use the Serial Number as the subject of the email or be sure that it is clearly associated with the site where you have installed it.
Thank you for your support!
If you have any problems, please call Canary Compliance at 267-354-0823!